Sunday, February 23, 2020

Kidney Saga part 28

Well, I lost a day.

It wasn't entirely unexpected. The change in medicine had a dramatic effect on my energy levels. I literally could not get out of bed at times yesterday, even to use the toilet, which was... difficult. I was not in pain, but I was so weak I couldn't function. Poor Eric had some trouble handling it, especially when the prednisone and helplessness overtook me and I lashed out.

What was worst about it, though, was that I was mentally fully rested. I just couldn't do anything at all physically. I couldn't even lift my cell phone to try to play a game or check my mail. I was trapped inside an unworking body.

As the night came on, I got some energy back. Enough to at least function. By this morning I even had enough to take a shower, glory be! And now I'm even able to type a little, although I'm still suffering from general weakness. I'm no longer unable to move at all.

I'm going to try to stay relaxed for now, while poor Eric does the weekly cleaning of the bedsheets and laundry. My next big challenge is the blood draw tomorrow, so I will just try to keep myself from overdoing anything and hope I improve.

Full Kidney Saga

0 comments: