Friday, February 21, 2020

Kidney Saga part 27

Well, last night was an adventure I do not care to ever repeat.

I slept most of the day away, and while I usually eat around 6pm, Eric decided I was sleeping so peacefully that he would wait until I woke up. Unfortunately, that wasn't until 8pm and I had a massive panic attack, possibly triggered by the prednisone. And I do mean MASSIVE. I kind of fell apart mentally and partly physically. It was awful. For a brief moment I even thought I had died. It took quite some time to pull myself together.

Eventually I was able to eat and then went back upstairs. Inkwell stood on the upstairs landing and watched me climb the stairs slowly. He made little encouraging noises when I stopped to catch my breath, then when I got to the top and was standing next to him, he delicately walked toward the bathroom, checking to make sure I was following. He popped into the bathroom before I got there, and was on the counter when I got in. He meowed, gently, and I went to do my business. He turned and watched the door while I took care of myself, then watched me as I washed my hands and face.

He jumped from the counter and walked over to the bed, meowing at me. I got into bed and he jumped up on the bed, meowing, until I pulled the blankets over me. Then he gently stepped onto my chest and started a vigorous purring and massage session, with some commentary chirps and meows. He finally set his head down on my chest and just purred loudly into me for a couple of minutes until I wasn't making crying noises or moving too much. Then he moved down to my swollen ankles and settled down on them to sleep.

A bit later Eric came in to put some lotion on me, and he picked up Inkwell and moved him to the other side of the bed. Then Eric turned to get the lotion while Inkwell quickly and sneakily moved right back onto my ankles, prompting a much-needed giggle from me. When Eric turned back, Inkwell was right where he wanted to be. Eric solved the problem by moving the blankets, and Inkwell fled for the duration of the lotion treatment, coming back once Eric had left.

Today has been mostly resting because I'm still very wiped from the rest of the week. I'm also having random prednisone-fueled rages that are not at all comfortable. I'm becoming hyper-focused on things that don't really matter and getting angry about them. It's not healthy in any way.

I made a kidney wish list, but two items are already sold out apparently due to people not understanding the coronavirus and how it is transmitted. I need a mask for general germage, not for viruses. The sanitizer is for viruses.

Full Kidney Saga

0 comments: