Sunday, June 20, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 16 June 2004 - Part IV

Birds of Prey #68: After the confusing storyline (that will probably read better in one sitting) we needed a break. Well, this issue gives us a break. It's a done-in-one issue that ties up a loose end from the long arc, and sets up a new status quo. Considering that we're about to enter an annoying two-a-month arc, this is a nice breather. 4 starfish

Outsiders #13: I suppose I've heard of the Fearsome Five, but I don't really know who they are. Still, this story is pretty strong, with a good set-up for what looks to be a nasty fight. I still have issues with how this series started, but this is a pretty good story on its own merits. I'm actually kind of looking forward to the rest of the storyline. 3 1/2 starfish

Still to review: Another Nail, JSA, Hench, and True Story, Swear to God: 100 Stories.