Thursday, August 19, 2004

Rapid Reviews - Eleven List Inspired Reviews

For these reviews I thank Steve Lieber of Mercury Studios for starting the meme, and the King County Library System for its excellent collection of books and ease with which they can be checked out.

Bone Volume One: Out From Boneville: Another one of those series that I wonder why I never bought before. I've known about it for a long time, but this is the first I've read. And it's good. It's really very good. I hope the library has the whole series, because I'd like to get the whole thing. And I think if we can afford the Scholastic reprints we'll definitely be getting those. Good stuff, recommended. 4 starfish

Stupid, Stupid Rat-Tails: While checking out Bone (literally), I couldn't resist grabbing this book. Not only does it have one of the more intriguing names in comic history, it also has a story with artwork by Stan Sakai. I was not disappointed. The main story was wonderful. I particularly enjoyed the monkey. And the back-up story was also very nice. A very strong book, worth a read if you get the chance. 4 starfish