Thursday, September 30, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 29 September 2004 - Part II

DC: The New Frontier #6 (Of 6): Within the first couple of pages, I knew what role Aquaman was going to play in this issue. And I was right. I won't say that this was predictable overall, but bits of it were. That did not detract from it at all. It was a fun ride. And I really like Aquaman in this book. 4 starfish

Adam Strange #1: Ok, that's a good start. In fact, I'm really glad I got to read this. I've never been a big fan of the science fiction part of the DCU, goodness knows the cosmic GL stories drive me away, but this is great love story as well as a good old fashioned space hero tale. I'm really looking forward to the next issue. 4 starfish

Outsiders #16: My main criticism of this book is not just addressed, it's tackled with both fists. And I appreciate the result. I may never get to the point where I love this book, but I may get to like it someday. 3 1/2 starfish

Green Lantern #181: Good riddance. 3 1/2 starfish

Still to review: JLA, Amazing Spider-Man, and Futurama.

0 comments: