Friday, October 01, 2004

Rapid Reviews - Exercise Shows

Farscape [1-19]: Nerve: Continuity strikes... and this is part one of a two episode story, to boot! Very daring of Crichton to take the risks he took. Very nice of Chiana to actually accomplish the mission without him. But I really have to wonder what is going to happen next. It was interesting how the continuity wasn't just from the last issue, but from a slightly earlier one also. I mostly enjoyed this one. Looking forward to seeing the next episode, of course. That's what motivates me to exercise... the desire to see the next episode. After I finish this season I think I'll start the next season of Farscape instead of going on to Buffy as I originally planned. 3 1/2 starfish

Farscape [1-20]: The Hidden Memory: A solid finish to the story. Very satisfying. Ok, so it wasn't really a happy ending, but it was well done. This episode felt like a season-ender. The characters all came together to pull off the job, and there's a new status quo at the end of it. But there appear to be two episode after this one... hmmm... must watch. 4 starfish

Farscape [1-21]: Bone to be Wild: As usual, the villain isn't who you expect it to be at any given moment. I wasn't all that surprised by the revelation about Zhaan, she'd been hinting at it frequently. I really liked Aeryn bonding with little Moya, and what Moya asked for at the end. A cool little episode, with only one problem. What happened to the guy that joined the crew at the Peacekeeper base? One more in the season after this. 3 1/2 starfish

Farscape [1-22]: Family Ties: Wow, what a season closer this is! We've got a triple cliff-hanger with a possibly permanently altered status quo. My biggest beef with the story was that I didn't think there was any way the gang would have trusted Crais enough to let him wander freely around the ship. That's a pretty minor complaint when I consider how cool the episode was overall. 4 starfish

And there's the first season... ok, gonna have to watch the next season. I have to know what happens.

0 comments: