Thursday, December 16, 2004

And Yet More Random Thoughts

Ursula K Le Guin breaks her silence in an interview. There was one major thing I was confused about when I heard about the TV production, which was the ethnicity of the actor playing Ged. When I told my husband "Ged's not white" that pretty much summed up the whole thing for me. If they couldn't get that right, why should I watch the rest? Via Garrett. And Neil.

Mark points us to a Slate article which appears to be taken from the interview.

Ask Yahoo compares the salaries of WNBA to NBA players.

Get ready for the new ISBN numbers. The new numbers will be 13 digits instead of 10. A lot of libraries and stores will have to upgrade their software in the next three years.

Very cool crossword puzzle that "predicted" the outcome of the 1996 election. Via Political Wire.

A Chinese doctor is performing what could be considered unethical operations using cells from aborted foetuses... he's having success. Enough so that anti-abortion Americans are going to him for treatment.

A study has been done on web ads users hate. None of it surprises me. Nor does the list of things a "good ad" has.

The army is spamming by phone potential recruits. I hate automated calls. It's a disgusting technique, and I hope someone in the Army gets fired for it.

The Firefox ad has hit the New York Times. Are you using Firefox yet? If not, why not?

0 comments: