Friday, December 17, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 8 December 2004 - Part III

Noble Causes #5: So one of the plotlines gets resolved, and one gets stranger with a cameo from Invincible, and the final one just goes along. I'm enjoying this book a lot. The art is good, I'm liking the characters more and more, and the stories are nicely set up and strong. Recommended. 4 starfish

PS238 #9: "Night School": This is my favorite comic book. I laughed aloud repeatedly while reading this one, and I don't usually laugh while reading, ever. Tyler is definitely my favorite character, but it was nice to see the others in the back-up story. I love this book. Go get it, or the trade, and enjoy. 4 1/2 starfish

Spider-Man: India #2: This isn't a bad adaptation. This issue reiterates the point that Pavitr's refusal to stop and help in a robbery led to his Uncle's death. This issue also introduces Flash... and has Pavitr join the cricket team! It's similar to the original, but changes enough for the culture that it works well. I'm enjoying it. 4 starfish

0 comments: