Friday, January 07, 2005

Rapid Reviews - Unexpected Extras

A friend had me pick up a couple more titles, so I'm reading them too...

Superman/Batman #16: "When Time Goes Asunder...": Jumping in on the middle of a story is always a hazard. Jumping into the middle of a time travel story can be near impossible to figure out. But... while there are a lot of things about this story I'm uncertain about, it did flow well and explain itself nicely. It mostly made sense. And the cliffhanger was shocking enough to make me wonder what the next issue holds. Not too bad. 3 1/2 starfish

The Flash #217: "Post-Crisis": I seem to have missed an issue. Oops. This one features the funeral of Captain Boomerang. The Flash discusses the whole secret identity thing. I'm just not a huge fan of the Rogues, otherwise I think I would have enjoyed this more. I did like the villain cemetary. Interesting idea. I do wonder what is up with that cliffhanger, though. 3 1/2 starfish

Incredible Hulk #77: "Tempest Fugit" Part 1 of 5: Nice start, I think. I'm not sure what is happening at all... how did The Hulk get to the bottom of the ocean? But, except for the very end it all seemed pretty standard Peter David storytelling. I'm not sure I'll get the next issue, but this one made an impression. 3 1/2 starfish

0 comments: