Monday, September 25, 2006

Random Thoughts

Greg Hatcher questions if we (comic book fans) are addicted to getting our comics on Wednesday. What brought this on? Well, last Wednesday a number of Seattle shops (including my own, and Greg's shop (two different shops)) had UPS fail to deliver a portion of their books. I don't know about Greg's shop, but the owner of my shop said she was likely to lose hundreds of dollars because of the mix-up. Anyway, go read Greg's take on it, and there's also some good stuff in the comments. I don't agree with all the suggestions or conclusions, but it is a fascinating discussion and a serious issue with the comic book world.

Oz and Ends links to an amazing bit of fragrance for sale. I'm not sure I want my hubby-Eric to small like Play-Doh... but how about a Dulce de Leche bath oil? Maybe Marshmellow Cologne? Eh, most of those fragrances I'm not brave enough to want to try, but who could resist someone who smells like waffles?

Should student papers be turned over to an anti-plagiarism website? I know I would protest. I don't think it's right that my work be used for profit by some website, nor do I like the idea that I could be accused of plagiarism because my writing resembled someone else's writing. I wrote all my own papers in high school and college, I never cheated. The one time I did cheat I was in fifth grade: the teacher pointed out that she knew I cheated, and I was so ashamed of myself that I never did it again (yeah yeah, life lesson and all that. I was also really bad at cheating.). Anyway, the comments on this Slashdot post are well worth checking out. Some folks have some very interesting views on the subject. Enough so that I'm just really glad I'm not a student now.

0 comments: