Friday, January 05, 2007

TiVo Makes Life Catchable

So I was watching the news this morning, half-heartedly as I was busy trying to clean for tomorrow's party as well. A news item came on about people trying to win Seahawks playoff tickets, and I started paying attention. As the reporter was explaining the process, a women behind her won.

I quickly rewound the TiVo, and sure enough, you can see her look of pure surprise and joy as she wins. She was to the far left of the screen, but they caught that moment.

On a whim I decided to test TiVo's functions. I told TiVo to start recording the newscast I was watching, which it did. Then after a few minutes I stopped the recording and downloaded the video. I used some well-known editing tools to cut it down to just the one news segment I was interested in. Then, in a bid to take a longer break from housework, I created a YouTube account and uploaded it.

If you aren't interested in the explanation, skip to about 70 seconds in, and watch the left side of the screen. No, it's not spectacular, but it's fun. And it's a nice little proof-of-concept for me. I'm having fun with my new TiVo.

0 comments: