Thursday, November 22, 2007

What Am I Thankful For?

  • I'm thankful for my husband, Eric, and the many years we've had together.
  • I'm thankful for my family. I have quite a crew on both sides, and growing. I'm thankful to know them and proud to be related to them.
  • I'm thankful for my friends, and what they've done for me. I'm thankful they are there as support in the worst of times. You guys are the best!
  • I'm thankful for free speech and the other rights I have as an American. I do not take them for granted, and will fight to defend them if I must.
  • I'm thankful for the internet. For e-mail, blogs, message boards, usenet and the rest. I'm glad to be part of a global club.
  • I'm thankful for my material things. For my house, my car, my comics, my books, my LEGO... They make life fun and comfortable.
  • I'm thankful for people who understand obsession, and allow me to indulge in my fandom of Aquaman without thinking I'm a loon.
  • I'm thankful that I was able to complete my Aquaman collection, and hopeful that there will be many more stories produced with him in the future.
  • I'm thankful for retailers who wait until after Thanksgiving to start putting up Christmas stuff, instead of starting Christmas decorations before Hallowe'en.
  • I'm thankful for people who wait until the end of December (or even January) before starting to post "year in review" articles.
  • I'm thankful for mysteries and wonder, and I hope we never quite figure out everything there is to figure out, because that would take the magic out of the world.
  • I'm thankful that I learned I do have the willpower to control myself and lose weight. I'm hopeful that I can help other people learn that they have it too.
Past Thanksgivings: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006.

0 comments: