Sunday, April 06, 2014

A Sunday Review

I appear to be in one of those "I'm not reading much" periods, but I'm sure I'll snap out of it soon enough. In the meantime, I have still gotten through my comics, which just arrived this week. So, here's the first week of last month's books. I'm considering a Comixology subscription to the two Aquaman books so I can keep up on them on release day.

DCBS
Here are reviews of the DCBS comic books that I've gotten around to reading and reviewing, sorted by the original shipping date:
  • Mar 5th
  • Forever Evil #6 - I should have figured out that he would eventually arrive... but what an entrance!
  • Earth 2 #21 - Oops. Did Sloan just give everything away? As for the rest... yay Aquawoman!
  • Green Lantern #29 - What, Hal's figured out that he can't do it all on his own? Amazing.
  • Scooby Doo Team-Up #3 - Bat-mite was bad enough, I thought... but Scooby-mite? Though what turns up at the end may be the funniest of all.
  • Tales of Honor #1 - When you take a treasured novel and turn it into a different medium, it's going to change. The only question I have is how much am I going to enjoy this version compared to the original. So far... jury is still out. As for this issue, the framing sequence is a little odd to me, but I suppose it works well enough.
  • Twilight Zone #3 - Somehow I figured that was how it would go. Now, what will be the next twist?
  • Grimm Fairy Tales: Tales from Oz #3 - Scarecrow - Um. Nasty? This one is so far from the original origin that I'm just going to say blah and leave it at that.



0 comments: