Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A Guide to Strange or Obscure Places

My attention was first drawn to Atlas Obscura by the story of the man who never was. I quickly learned that it's a fascinating site with stories that you aren't likely to read elsewhere. The site calls itself "...the definitive guide to the world's wondrous and curious places," and it seems to live up to the description.

I also enjoyed the articles on the Mississippi River Basin Model, Jefferson Davis Capture Site, the Myra Necropolis and Indian Key... in particular. I've found very few of the articles on the site disappoint me.

I found the report on Jimi Hendrix's Grave to be a bit close to home. Literally. His grave is within walking distance of where I grew up. Well, more like an easy bike ride, but Greenwood Memorial Park is definitely in my old stomping grounds.


This picture doesn't look accurate to me. It's not raining.

0 comments: