- Aug 10th
- Earth 2 Society #15 - What's with the artwork in the first few pages? It looks like it was done in 20 minutes on a faulty wacom tablet. Beyond that, though, not a horrible issue. Not great, either. I can't imagine this particularly universe lasting much longer.
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #2 - So the Green Lanterns are decimated, but back in their own universe and, presumably, time. Meanwhile, Hal is making friends? This all felt very typical of the current DC Green Lantern books. Just an incremental step toward something else, without much actual action.
- Spider-Man 2099 #13 - I'm really confused about exactly where we are in this story - but there are lots of helpful hints and a huge summary to remind me. Even with that, the whole thing seems a bit complex. At least we have some action: Captain America of the future headed out to find her family, a dire warning, and then a rash response. I think I need to read Peter David's stuff all in one sitting, but overall this works ok.
- Doctor Who 9th #4 - Ah, messing with the future. I think the Doctor made a serious mistake answering that call. And poor Mickey. I liked the double-cliffhanger, and I'm looking forward to seeing where this one goes.
- Doctor Who 10th #2.13 - Another nice cliffhanger in this one. I do like that the Doctor Who comics have a summary at the beginning to help people catch up on the action, although Dorothy Bell would be hard to summarize in any case. A fun issue with lots of tie-in to previous issues.
- Doctor Who 12th #2.8 - The Twelfth Doctor getting a punk rocker from an almost lost colony to join him on his travels? Who would've thought it. I did enjoy his little side comments, and the Foxkin are a nice addition to the DW Universe. It's mostly a satisfactory ending, although I would have liked to see what the other Foxkin thought of coming out of the shadows. I can't imagine it was a popular decision all around.
- Spongebob Comics #59 - No Mermaid Man, but a couple of mild funny stories. I enjoyed the seahorse one with Sandy. Overall, about average. If you like Spongebob, you will like this, but if not don't bother.
Sunday, April 16, 2017
DCBS comic books that I've gotten around to reading and reviewing, sorted by the original shipping date: