Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Kidney Saga part 30

So I overdid it by a lot yesterday morning, and basically had to be poured into the car after lunch to get my blood draw. I fell asleep while the tech struggled to get my veins to produce (it was a two arm blood draw day). I don't recall dinner much, except I'm certain I fell asleep during it.

Of course, I woke up about 2am feeling fine and wide awake. Fortunately, my brain shut down again fairly quickly and I got more sleep, so I'm actually functional today. Yay!

A package arrived yesterday with new pill splitters in it, thanks to Elayne. My old pill splitter was getting into the habit of either slicing off just the tiniest bit of the pill or crushing the pill and tossing it across the room. The new splitters look like they will do the job a little better, which is going to help a lot.

I'm a bit overwhelmed by the response to the GoFundMe, and will be trying to write up thank you notes as the days go by. At least I've got a start on the bill now, so I can contact the hospital and let them know what's happening. I'm afraid I start crying every time I look at the page at the moment, so you may not see an immediate response from me on the subject.

I realize I cannot "review" comic books and get them read now, so I'm going to try to just catch up on reading and maybe do overall run reviews later, when I'm feeling better. I'm so far behind on my comic book reading that I'm not even sure what's happening in my respective comic book universes. I just know that I'm really eager to catch up, and now that I can read a little, I want to take advantage while I can. I can't even look at my Aquaman wiki without cringing in pain, it's so far behind. But I might be able to catch up on reading if I give it a go.

I did manage to listen to a podcast yesterday morning and mostly understand it, so I'm improving there, as well. Baby steps, I guess. Little victories where I can grab them.

So, a green ribbon represents kidney failure/transplant... so I've got myself a purple butterfly carrying a green ribbon, I guess. Although that purple butterfly is responsible for the green ribbon being needed... hrm. I think perhaps I should just not overthink it.

Full Kidney Saga --- Kidney Wish List --- GoFundMe

1 comments:

Elayne said...

You're quite welcome! Heading to the GoFundMe next...