Tuesday, October 22, 2002

Insomnia Part I

A dangerous hobby, this is.

I can't promise that any entries posted after 11 pm on the Pacific Coast will be rational. At the moment, I just want to type and know that I don't have to stay on topic.

I really like the cover art DC provided for Previews Mag with Aquaman on it. Fantastic image. I'm not so thrilled with the actual cover to Aquaman #1, nor with the cover to Aquaman #2. Hey, I wonder if I can post images hosted on my website here? Let's see...


Seems to have worked... That's the one I like, by the way.

Anyway, I wonder what it is about men bound in chains and octopus tentacles... *GRIN*

Watched Smallville tonight. As usual, enjoyed it. I'm finding it to be my big guilty pleasure of the week. I see so many critics of the show out there, but I really like it. The acting is good, the foreshadowing is silly but nice. And I care about these characters like I never cared about Superman before. I just hope Clark fesses up to Lana before the end of the season. And Chloe.

This episode was a "sun turns boy into Hulk-like creature" which is, as I recall, just the opposite of the original Hulk who feared nightfall.

Oh well. Comics ship tomorrow. Next installment of JLA: Obsidian Age. I hope it's good. I'd hate the lead-in to Aquaman to be a complete stinker. Although I've noticed that my opinion of the story so far doesn't seem to mesh with on-line critics, who are being rather brutal. Perhaps I'm just seeing it through green and orange tinted glasses, because I know what the story is leading up to?

Ok, I do have to work in the morning, and it is rather late even here. More in the morning, maybe.