Thursday, November 07, 2002

Random Thoughts

It started raining here again this week. It was like the whole city let out a giant sigh of relief. Sure, it's wet, but the air is clearer and the plants no longer look wilted. We'd gone without long enough that newcomers and visitors were starting to say, "The weather isn't that bad in Seattle!" which is the worst thing that can happen. We don't want more people moving here only to complain that they actually saw that "sun" thingy where they used to live. And to be honest, I was really uncomfortable seeing the sky that unnatural shade of blue instead of its normal gray/white.

The newest link on my site is to David Allen Jones' Blog AKA "The Johnny Bacardi Show". Thanks to the fantastic linkback feature that Elayne Riggs introduced me to, I was able to discover he linked to my blog, and actually implied that I'm fun and interesting, to boot! That brings my readership up to two and a half (my hubby, David, and my retailer who sometimes visits).

There's a great, short, interview with Ramona Fradon by Heidi MacDonald at Comicon's Pulse. I'm a BIG fan of Ramona. My favorite piece in my Aquaman collection is an original Ramona Fradon watercolor my husband surprised me with for Christmas 1997. Having Ramona's work be the majority of the new Aquaman Archive coming out made my month, and it's good to see her getting recognition on a major comic news site.

Click for Interview

I'm thinking I ought to do some reviews of older books. The sugar-coated bee story (see Monday, Nov 4th's first blog) made me pull out Clan Apis and reread. Perhaps I should at least make an occasional reference to other great series I've gotten over the years. Heck, since I'm already talking about Jay Hosler, I'll mention that Sandwalk Adventures, his latest effort, has been very good so far. And educational too!

The news that Stan Lee is suing Marvel took me by surprise. While Stan seems to have the biggest ego in all of comics, he never seemed like a guy to go against company lines. Then again, I don't know the details, so maybe I'd better just shut up and watch how it goes.

And for my final thought this evening (unless I post another one later on tonight): A powerful and rich king had three magnificent and valuable rings that he kept in a gorgeous and ornate box. As he grew older, he decided one day to give each of his three daughters one of the rings. After the giving was done, a single ring still remained in the box. Can you tell me how?