Thursday, March 13, 2003

Rapid Reviews - 12 Mar 2003 - Part I


Justice League Adventures #17: The high point was seeing The Flash in drag. Which, I'm afraid, isn't much of a high point. 3 starfish

Superman/Batman Generations III #3: Better than the last issue. Which probably isn't saying much, but hey, it wasn't bad. I think this will be one that should be read all the way through once the entire series is done. The monthly format doesn't flatter this series. 3 starfish

Witch and the Jackal #3: While this isn't the most fantastic book around, it certainly is shaping up to be a strong fantasy tale. The artwork is improving with each issue, and the storytelling has always been strong in this book. Still a good read, and still worth buying. 3 1/2 starfish

Aquaman #4: My blog, so I'm allowed to do a second review of Aquaman. Basically, it reads better on the second and third and fourth readings. I think this might be because the storytelling in the artwork is weak. After reading it a couple more times, I caught exactly what Veitch was trying to do with the story. I won't change my initial rating, but this book improves with multiple readings, especially for a hard-core Aquaman fan. My full review is on my website, click on the image of the cover.



Still to read: Amelia Rules, Superman Last Stand on Krypton, Age of Bronze, and JSA.

0 comments: