Monday, April 28, 2003

The Day Was Going Too Well


Something bad had to happen. Luckily, it's a minor sort of bad, but it's still very frustrating and slightly terrifying for me: Rick Veitch is leaving Aquaman. His last issue will be #12, and he hopes to wrap up everything he's set up. On the one hand, I'm glad he enjoyed the year... on the other hand, I thought his version had so much potential... There was so much already there and I was hoping to see much more.

I'm not looking forward to the long and agonizing wait for information on the new writer, whoever it might be.

And no, I have NO interest in writing Aquaman. I am not a good writer. Do you have any idea how hard it is for me to just write these stupid blogs every day? I haven't yet developed the discipline to write fiction, and especially not on the level comic book writers manage.

I do hope to contact the new writer and offer him/her any information on Aquaman wanted, including my services as a researcher. I've been able to look up old stories for Rick Veitch a couple of times, I would be willing to do it for any Aquaman writer.

Man, what a downer to end the day with.

0 comments: