Wednesday, May 14, 2003

Aquaman #6 Correction


Because Rick Veitch asked nicely, I'm spreading the word about the problem with Aquaman #6. And I just know that most of my readers pick up the Aquaman comic book...

When you get Aquaman #6, the last scene may not make a lot of sense. That's because a couple of lines of dialogue were accidently dropped from the page. For the full story, go to Rick Veitch's website. If you simply need to know how it should read, the final two panels on page 22 in the printed comic read like this:

AQUAMAN: KAL--I don't mean to sound like a jerk. Hell, I wouldn't even BE here if you all hadn't saved my fins in the Obsidian Age.
AQUAMAN: And that's why I know in the deepest lining of my gut...
AQUAMAN: I have to face him down alone.


The way it SHOULD read is:

AQUAMAN: KAL--I don't mean to sound like a jerk. Hell, I wouldn't even BE here if you all hadn't saved my fins in the Obsidian Age.
AQUAMAN: But this guy isn't just another nut job out to conquer the world.
AQUAMAN: The THIRST is my own EVIL TWIN. And that's why I know in the deepest lining of my gut...
AQUAMAN: I have to face him down alone.


Please note the extra bit that explains WHY Aquaman has to face down the Thirst alone. There's more on the incident at Rick Veitch's website (http://www.comicon.com/veitch/), including a theory as to how this mistake happened.

0 comments: