Friday, May 30, 2003

Rapid Reviews - 29 May 2003 - Part II


Titans/Young Justice Graduation Day #2: It didn't take me long to figure out the whole Superman twist. Unfortunately, there are too many characters. And the events are too extreme. This book just isn't clicking at all. 2 1/2 starfish

Green Lantern #165: So this is the new direction. This is not a bad start, but this is definitely going to be a wait-and-see series. 3 starfish

JLA: Age of Wonder #2: I wasn't expecting the events at the end of the last issue, so the resolutions were a little different than I would have expected also. Beautiful art. This is a pretty good Elseworld. Now, somebody just needs to write one that includes Aquaman. 3 1/2 starfish

Still up for review: JLA Scary Monsters and the Alan Moore book. Maybe I'll write those up tonight for posting tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow afternoon I start my stay at the Pug House of Horror. I'll blog more about it once I'm there and settled in. If the puggles will let me settle in.

Also, please note that the homeland security level has dropped from an "Ernie" to a "Bert". I just want to see us drop to a "Cookie Monster". And am I the only person who is disturbed by the use of the word "homeland"? It just seems to have some very negative connotations.

0 comments: