Friday, July 04, 2003

Happy Independence Day

Just in case I don't get a chance to post later on, happy fourth of July to all my American readers. Enjoy the fireworks and stay safe.

Update: Today's light reading: The Declaration of Independence, The Consitution of the United States, The Bill of Rights (Amendments 1-10), and The Other Amendments (11-27). Also check out some quotes by founding fathers, and this very important speech by Patrick Henry (Note two quotes: "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country" and "For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth, to know the worst, and to provide for it." Strange how many people nowadays seem to think his attitude is wrong. Heck, some people seem to think it is treason to speak your opinions! And, as for knowing the whole truth, how long are we going to wait for real information about 9/11?).

0 comments: