Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Rapid Reviews - 10 September 2003 - Part IV

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen II #6: Wow! It finally came out! Now, as I recall, the last issue had me bleaching my eyeballs, and the one before it had me washing my eyes with scouring pads and stinging soap. This one had none of the ... stuff ... I objected to in the last couple of issues. In fact, it came out remarkably strong, much more readable than I feared it would be. Ok, I admit it. I liked it. I didn't like the previous two issues, but this one won me over. 3 1/2 starfish

Superman/Batman Generations III #9: Is it over yet? As part of the arc, no, I'm not impressed. As a standalone, it works ok. This is the classic Frankenstein story, with an unpleasant twist at the end. All-in-all, an ok bit, but I'm still not liking the main storyline. 3 1/2 starfish

Green Arrow #30: This is on issue #30 already? Wow. And this is a fascinating story, with more twists developing. I'm really curious about the cliff-hanger on this one. Is that really what it looks like, and what will this uncover? When's the next issue coming out again? 4 starfish

Still to review: Superman Blood of My Ancestors, Fallen Angel, and Supreme Power. And maybe the Silver Age Teen Titans Archive. Hey, it could happen!

0 comments: