Friday, September 12, 2003

Rapid Reviews - 4 September 2003 - Part III

Superman: Birthright #3: I must confess that this is the best reason why the glasses work that has been given in any Superman comic I've read so far. Otherwise, well, this was ok. Some nice touches. I'm still not liking the artwork much, but it's definitely a matter of taste, not quality. 3 1/2 starfish

Warning: After the recent problems with CrossGen, you may want to take any of my reviews of CrossGen books with a grain of salt, as I may be filtering my perceptions through mud-colored glasses.

Silken Ghost #4: On the one hand, the art is good, the story flows well, and I'm interested in what happens in the end. On the other hand, I feel like I know what the next issue is going to have in it. I think that (spoilers) (end spoilers). I hope it isn't as predicatable as I think it will be. 3 1/2 starfish

Scary Godmother: Well, the DVD seems to be delayed, but we did get the hardcover of the first Scary Godmother book, and it's cool. For some reason I was expecting something more... black & white. This is a strong children's storybook. It's fun, it's got a little moral, and the art is just wonderful. I love it! I wanna see more now. 4 starfish

Well, that's last week's comics. This week's list is a bit longer... To review: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Superman Blood of my Ancestors, Generations III, Aquaman, Fallen Angel, Green Arrow, H-E-R-O, JLA, JSA, JSA All-Stars, Justice League Adventures, Wildguard, Supreme Power, El Cazador, and Opposite Forces. Whew. Don't know when I'll find time to read all that, much less review it...

0 comments: