Saturday, September 27, 2003

Sketchbook - Mark Brill

Go look at Mark Brill's on-line portfolio. In addition to a great many wonderful works that fit in the traditional mold, there's also some wonderful little pieces, like this Red Dwarf piece that made me laugh when I spotted it, as that particular Red Dwarf story has a history in my husband's courting of me. Perhaps I'll tell the story sometime, if I haven't already.


AQUAMAN
by Mark Brill
19 September 1999
(permission to post given 14 September 2003 in person)
www.markbrill.com

Mark Brill's Platypus Rex could have ended up aqua-ized on my sketchbook page, but Brill chose to play it straight, and this is the result. I keep thinking this guy looks a lot like William H Macy. This was only the third sketch in my original sketchbook, and continued a winning traditional that had just started.

To see all the sketches I have permission to post so far, check out my Sketchbook Page. If you have any contact information for any of the other artists I'm trying to contact, please e-mail me. Click for a random Aquaman sketch.

0 comments: