Saturday, October 25, 2003

Sketchbook - James Dean Smith

Don't know much about Boris, I'm afraid. I know the satirical comic book featuring this friendly-looking bear was first published by Dark Horse. I know that Boris is far more likely to dress up as Rambo or the Punisher than Aquaman. And I know Boris slaughtered a bunch of funny animals, including apparently Usagi, in one of his books. But beyond that, not much. Feel free to enlighten me, if you wish.


BORIS THE BEAR AS AQUAMAN
by James Dean Smith
9 February 2003
(permission to post given 14 September 2003 in person)

Boris joined my sketchbook at the first ever Emerald City Comicon, but I've seen JDS around the local Seattle ComiCard Convention also. At some point I may have to look into Boris some more, just to find out what kind of Aqua-critter he'd really make...

To see all the sketches I have permission to post so far, check out my Sketchbook Page. If you have any contact information for any of the other artists I'm trying to contact, please e-mail me. Click for a random Aquaman sketch.

0 comments: