Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 4 February 2004 - Part III

Superman: Birthright #7: It started out ok... and the bit with the bridge was excellent, but the flashbacks were confusing, and I'm not entirely sure what the issue was trying to tell me. 3 starfish

Supreme Power #7: Ok, that little twist on Amphibian was not one I expected. I made a little assumption, and I was wrong. But I think I'm going to enjoy seeing more of this twist. Oh yeah, and the main plot was ok, too. 3 1/2 starfish

Aquaman #15: I wasn't sure. Yeah, I go on and on about not prejudging a book. And I try. But this was a pretty radical change, and I just wasn't sure. My biggest concern, honestly, was the artwork. I've read enough H-E-R-O that I figured I would enjoy the story overall. I shouldn't have worried. From the cover to the end, this is a solid story with solid art. It may not be quite at the "fantastic" level, but the story has that potential. I'd say it's a solid four starfish, leaning towards four plus. Only the next issue will tell. 4 starfish

Coming tomorrow (according to the shipping list): Fallen Angel, Green Arrow, H-E-R-O, Hawkman, 1602, and Thor.

0 comments: