Friday, February 13, 2004

Sportsclix

I got a list of the Sportsclix... actually, it's a poster of all the first wave. So of course had to hunt down which ones I think are Mariners, though I'm not positive despite the pictures with all of them. It looks like there are eight Mariners represented, with both Bret Boone and Ichiro also getting second sculpts, for a total of 10 Mariners figures.

Regardless of how the game actually plays, I intend to get as many of the Mariners figures as possible. I'm glad Edgar, who is my favorite player, is represented. Kazu Sasaki is also in the set, and I hope they don't try to pull him now that he's decided to stay in Japan. The other Mariners are Randy Winn, Carlos Guillen, Jamie Moyer, and John Olerud.

One thing I've heard about this game is that there are some "ultra-rare" figures, but unlike Heroclix where you can only get the LE's (limited editions) in tournaments, all figures are in the boosters. So you might get lucky and pull a tournament prize from a booster.

0 comments: