Friday, July 02, 2004

Friday Fitness Blogging


  • Weight = X-4
  • Change From Last Week = +1
  • Met Exercise Goal? Yes
    Goal was ten minutes a day (walk/bike/swim) at least six days.
  • Current Exercise Goal = ten minutes a day (walk/bike/swim) at least six days.
  • Kept food diary? No.

Oh, I've been bad. I haven't been recording my meals the last few days. The food diary is an important part of my diet structure, because recording what I eat makes me think about what I eat. When I fail to record it for ... three days in a row, I tend to stop thinking about it, then I start snacking without guilt.

Well, that's a bad thing... but there's some good news too. I am definitely feeling healthier, and noticing my muscles becoming more defined. While I won't try to delude myself into thinking my very tiny weight gain is just muscle growing, I don't feel bad about the weight gain because I feel like I'm making progress anyway. There's no way I could have run around Seattle for three hours with my sister on Tuesday if I wasn't a bit healthier than I was when I started.

So now I just need to get serious about my food diary again.