Thursday, July 01, 2004

Random Thoughts

Scott at Polite Dissent also likes filker Tom Smith, one of my personal guilty pleasures. Tom Smith also sings the Transpoly U fight song from Girl Genius.

I'm still not entirely sure about this one, but it's TARDIS Tennis. I couldn't get the ball to serve for the longest time, and once I did, I was quickly beaten. Anyway, this one is courtesy Elayne.

Elayne also points us to more about the young Iraqi blogger in love. Or rather, the reason that Raed loves her...

And if that wasn't enough, Elayne sends us to the site of Time Traveler John Titor, a fun little story that some people are reading entirely too much into.

Oooh, this came out... I want it.

Gotta thank TangognaT for this nifty review of Street Angel complete with what I really needed, a link to an 8-page preview of issue one. While I'm not completely convinced, the bit with the megaphone was enough to make me giggle, which might be enough to get me to try the book if I can scrape up enough money to order it. Street Angel also made a very short appearance in Slave Labor's Free Comic Book Day edition, but it's two pages and not enough by itself to get me to seek it out.

Really odd site with micro-heroes... including plenty of Aquaman. This one is also from TangognaT.

A surprise upset in Comic Book Idol, if you expected people to only be voting based on what they saw in the last round. Carlos Rodriguez and Jason Masters moved on, while John Rubio and Larry Chy were left behind. Somewhat amazing and somewhat sad, as Larry had the hands down best cover of the bunch. The next art assignment has been posted, and the deadline is Monday at noon Eastern time.

Jeff Parker has finally posted his picture of the mysterious "NASA Ghost". Here is where he describes when/how the picture was taken, and here is the picture. Read the explanation first, then you'll understand why it's a bit of a mystery.

For all you folks with new cars, here's one heckuva story for you. It's all about where you park. Via Metafilter

Boing Boing says that Windows users should disable autorun. Well duh. One of the first things I do when I get a new computer is disable the stupid "feature".