Thursday, March 24, 2005

Filler Audioblog


Transcript: Hello! This is Laura Gjovaag. I'm posting a filler audioblog to make up for the last two Sunday audioblogs that were lost. Audioblogger apparently lost my password to my regular blog, so I had to reset that. Um, it didn't indicate that it had lost the password, it just lost it. And that was why it didn't post the last two posts, I guess.

Anyway, those are toast as far as I can tell, I'm not going to be able to get them back. But, um, I remember what I said, sorta.

The first one was, um, two weeks ago Sunday, and it was about the weather we were having, beautiful beautiful sunny weather. I was at the in-law's, I was sitting on -on the deck and I was looking at Mount Rainier and I was just looking at the -the gorgeous weather. The sunshine, the -it was almost 70 degrees, I could swear. Ehm, I'm sure it wasn't quite that hot, but it sure felt like it. I was looking at the trees, the beautiful colors, Seattle was just in bloom two weeks ago. And I was thinking about all the posts I've been seeing from people back East, like Elayne and so on, and about the snow and the ice and the cold back East and I was thinking "Wow, this is quite a contrast."

Anyway. Um, my second post, last week's, was actually about the rain. I was driving in the car, well actually Eric was driving, I was riding in the car with Eric and uh, he actually had a nice little cameo, he said "Hello." Just talking about the rain. It was interesting, uh, when it rained some people in Seattle seemed to think that was gonna -that meant that there won't be a drought. But, uh, they don't seem to realize, y'know, it's the snowpack. It has nothing to do with the rain in Seattle. And the snowpack, there just is no snow now. It's -it's snowless. Snowless in Seattle? It's pretty sad. And without the snowpack there's gonna be a drought, so we're all expecting a drought, and we're already starting our water conservation efforts here. Um, I've stopped washing my van completely, we never water our lawn so that wasn't a problem. I'm timing my showers and making them shorter, and uh, just generally trying to use less water. It will take an effort of a lot more people than just me, but at least I know I'm doing my part.

So, let's see... still working on getting my leg all healed. Um. It hurts right now. It hurts a lot. But hopefully I'll be fixed up in time to do the 3-Day, and actually to train for the 3-Day. Got eighteen weeks left. Uh... checking out lots of graphic novels from the library, tons of stuff. I'm just reading so much. It means I haven't been reading the regular comics, I still haven't read all of last week's, and this week's I can just forget about it. But um, yeah. Lots of graphic novels, lots of fun.

And uh, I think that's just about it that I wanted to say, so, I'd better close this if I can remember what button to push... *beep*

0 comments: