Saturday, January 31, 2015

Afternoon Thoughts

It was a long week.

Not a lot to report on, really. I haven't been reading my RSS feed, so I don't have any good links. Looking forward to the NFL game tomorrow... I have absolutely no idea who will win. The teams seem fairly evenly matched to me, but I'm no expert. I keep going back and forth on whether or not the Squishy Ball Scandal has any meaning in the scheme of things. The NFL is such a messed up organization, I can't really bring myself to care about the nonsense that has little to do with the actual game. I do think Jon Stewart's comments on The Daily Show about the fines that Lynch has gotten being more than corporations are fined for destroying the environment is spot on.

This morning I heard a *thump* at the sliding glass door. When I pulled the curtain aside I say a small, terrified pit bull looking at a larger long-haired dog. The pit bull cowered against the window while the bigger dog looked up at me and trotted around the corner of the house and away. I tried to shoo them both away, but the pit was so terrified he just huddled there. Inkwell came racing down the stairs to see what was going on and started making a variety of growls. The little pit just stayed on the porch. Eventually the bigger dog came back and the little pit peed on the porch in terror. I went ahead and called the cops. Both dogs had collars, so I presume they both got loose from their respective homes.

Inkwell has been agitated since the event, checking to make sure no new animals are in our yard every few minutes, and curling up on my lap as often as he can push the computer off. Like right now.

Otherwise, life is pretty boring.

0 comments: