Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Kidney Saga part 69

"Discomfort" describes yesterday.

My skin is shrinking to fit my body, and sometimes I swear I can feel it as it tightens. It doesn't itch, but it feels extremely uncomfortable, like a rough shirt that's being tugged on and sliding over the skin with a scratch - only it is my skin.

Yesterday I was also very bad at maintaining my blood sugar levels. I ate a bit too much for lunch, and just generally didn't have a good diet day.

In addition, I'm having issues getting prescriptions filled. Again. I've been assured that certain prescriptions were submitted, but they aren't showing up as being filled. It's making me nervous, as I'm close to needing insulin and some of the other drugs.

I did manage to get downstairs yesterday, for a short while. I was exhausted by the climb back up the stairs and ended up in bed for a short nap. The good news is that movement and exercise have driven away most of the back pain for now. It's still lurking, but it's no longer stopping me.

The goal today is at least one trip downstairs, and possibly two if I can manage. That second one depends on how I feel after I get back up from the first. I feel like I need to get as much exercise as I'm able to do safely before my next infusion on Monday. I am itching to make food for myself, so today I will also be trying to do my morning snack AND feed the cat. We'll see how that goes.

Mentally... let's not talk about it. I'm sure many folks are going through much worse at the moment. At least I'm an introvert, so it's not as bad for me.

Full Kidney Saga --- Start Here --- Kidney Wish List --- GoFundMe

0 comments: