Friday, April 30, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 28 April 2004 - Part II

Batman: Harley & Ivy #1: This is more like it. Low-brow humor for the fan of supervillians. The art on the cover is... um... bothersome. I wouldn't usually complain about it, but ... um... just what strange disease do Harley and Ivy have that deformed their breasts like that? They appear to have short bananas stuck to their fronts. The interior art doesn't show that problem, but it's really icky on the cover. Anyway, I think hubby-Eric enjoyed the shower scene, as he pointed out to me the various ways the naughty bits were hidden, from bubbles, hair and steam, to towels and sound effects. Very fun. 4 starfish

Birds of Prey #66: What happened to the Toth cover? Did I miss an announcement? And, while this was all very interesting, I just can't figure out how Dinah came to the conclusion she did at the end. Again, did I miss something? Perhaps I'll have to go back and read this whole arc again once it finishes. But without knowing what's really going on in the entire arc, I guess this was an interesting issue anyway. 3 1/2 starfish

Still to review: Way of the Rat, Noble Causes, Conan, Escapist, Usagi Yojimbo, and Abadazad.