Thursday, May 20, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 19 May 2004 - Part I

Seaguy #1: Ok, this was majorly odd. At first I thought I wasn't liking it, then I realized I was completely drawn in, and trying to figure out the universe on its own terms. As soon as that hit me, I realized I was actually enjoying it quite a bit. I don't know much about Morrison or his other work. What he did on JLA didn't impress me much, so I figured that I wouldn't be that impressed with this book, either. I just couldn't resist a book called "Seaguy". I'm surprised and happy. I think this one is going to be very interesting. Just one nit, if someone couldn't tell the difference between black and white, wouldn't they be blind, not just "colorblind"? 4 starfish

Outsiders #12: I've been mostly neutral on this book. My main complaint was Dick's willingness to form a team that he wasn't close to so he wouldn't have to deal with their death/injuries/whatever. That point is brought up again in this issue, and I like what I see. I also like the "new" Metamorpho, who gets his own name in this issue. So this was a bit better than average for this book. 3 1/2 starfish

Still to review: Amazing Spider-Man, Batman Adventures, Birds of Prey, JLA: Another Nail, and Powerpuff Girls.