Friday, June 25, 2004

Friday Fitness Blogging


  • Weight = X-5
  • Change From Last Week = 0
  • Met Exercise Goal? Yes
    Goal was ten minutes a day (walk/bike/swim) at least six days.
  • Current Exercise Goal = ten minutes a day (walk/bike/swim) at least six days.
  • Kept food diary? Yes.

I was mildly surprised to see that my weight hadn't changed at all from last week's weigh-in. I've felt like I've been slipping over the last week. I've been hungry all the time and although I did plenty of exercise, it wasn't the same as all the walking I did at the pugless house. And yet, I somehow maintained instead of gained. That made me feel pretty good.

The next step is to figure out how to tackle the craving problem. I think it's all in my head, since I'm not feeling any physical hunger. In fact, one of the worst ones hit right after I'd finished a decent-sized dinner. Having dessert usually takes care of it, but I'd like to reduce the number of desserts I have. The water trick doesn't seem to work on a full stomach (get out a bottle of water and tell myself that I can eat what I'm craving after I finish the water) or with the unspecific craving. Something is signalling my brain saying "I'm hungry!" when I'm not really. If I can figure out how to fool/suppress/bypass/endure that obnoxious signal, then staying on the diet will be much easier.