Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 15 September 2004 - Part IV

The Ballad of Sleeping Beauty #3: I wish there was more story in each issue. That's my only real complaint about this book. I'm enjoying the storyline, and the art is pretty good. It's a nice Western that isn't too Western-y for me. I definitely want to see how this one turns out. Not bad for a book that started out on Free Comic Book Day. 4 starfish

Colonia #10: Ok, things are getting even more bizarre in Colonia land. At least we're getting a hint at where Jack's abilities come from. Sort of. I like the way these three issues were planned to come out close together, the story hangs together much better when you can remember what happened in the last issue. And I'm really looking forward to the next issue. 3 1/2 starfish

Vagabond Vol 1 by Takehiko Inoue. I've heard good things about this series, which is based on the novel "Musashi" by Eiji Yoshikawa, so I decided to check it out. Violent, gross at times, intense. This tells of two guys from the same village, Takezo and Matahachi, who survive a battle as foot soldiers and go on the run. I don't know exactly what I was expecting from this book, but it wasn't this. The artwork is very nice, good stuff, and the story is pretty engaging. I think I'll read a bit more. 3 1/2 starfish

Huzzah! I actually finished last week's books before this week's came! This week's books (assuming everything actually reaches my shop): Noble Causes, Conan, Smallville, H-E-R-O, Plastic Man, Avengers, PS238, and Daisy Kutter. I also have some special reviews coming up of books from Atomeka and bloggers' favorite AIT/Planet Lar. Expect more reviewing overdoses in the next week...

0 comments: