Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Waiting... just Waiting

The second Dean entry on Lessig's blog is a bit of a disappointment. It reads like a campaign speech. Yeah, good points made, but it sounds too pat. And there's that picture of Dean superimposed over Lessig! I don't know exactly what I'm looking for from Dean. Something from the heart, I suppose. But then, in order to successfully campaign for president, I'm sure you must put your heart in a box and hide it somewhere until the ordeal is over. The first reason to be suspicious of any presidential candidate is simply the fact that they are a presidential candidate. You have to be a different kind of soul to want that position in government.

Right then. I was going to write some more political garbage, but I haven't got the stomach for it at the moment. I'm sensing that we are at a balance point, and I don't know what way the world is going to shift or if it will just pass over the point as if nothing happened. In short, it's a time of waiting. Rather than spout off at nothing, like I do so well, I feel I should watch and listen instead. So, yeah, I'm following all the stories of the day, but I'll keep quiet until something inspires me to blather.

My husband has told me that when he gets a full-time teaching position, he plans on starting a blog to record his experiences. We just got some news today which may well mean he can start that blog as soon as we had hoped. Fingers crossed, everyone.

Tonight, in a short while, I'm going to start watching the MLB All-Star game. We have a tradition of myself, hubby-Eric, and my awesome little sister Lisa watching the game together, with all the traditional baseball foods. At the moment, I'm just waiting for Lisa and her guests to show. Hubby-Eric suggested I do a blog or two about my experiences as a volunteer during the All-Star Fanfest in 2001. I sort of meant to, but part of me doesn't want to go back there. That was an amazing and painful year in so many ways. So much happened. Perhaps if I can ever focus myself just on those few days, I'll try to write something about them beyond being accosted by the Philly Phanatic.

0 comments: