Monday, October 27, 2003

Rapid Reviews - 22 October 2003 - Part III

Outsiders #5: It's not a good sign when you are about to review a book and you suddenly can't remember if you even read it yet. That's how forgettable it is. This book doesn't do anything for me. Even the cliffhanger just made me raise an eyebrow. Sure... like we haven't seen that before. 3 starfish

Amazing Spider-Man #59/500: I was expecting more, I guess. Yeah, comic books like their slugfests, and this was the opportunity to do a slugfest of a generation, but I got a little bored with the "fighting past fights" thing about halfway through, then the ending was fairly bitter, to me. A good gift, if you can give it, but still it would be hard to be "happy" at that point. It was ok, but I was expecting more. 3 1/2 starfish

Cinnamon: El Ciclo #3: Still working with the whole "redemption" theme, Cinnamon intends to sacrifice herself. But things never work out like you expect them to, do they? The last page intrigues me. Particularly where the eyes are looking in the next-to-the-last panel versus where the bullet is going. Very interesting. 4 starfish

Still to review: Birds of Prey and Avengers/JLA.

0 comments: