Saturday, October 18, 2003

Roundabout

I went up to check in with my new doctor again today, up in Monroe. That's a nice drive from Bothell, a few miles. But what really amused me about the trip was Marysville's roundabout.

Those of you in places where these things are common are probably scratching your heads at this, but roundabouts are insane. Especially large two-lane roundabouts with a whole bunch of drivers who have never used a roundabout before. The concept is not hard, and there are even signs that explain how to use it, but people still take up both lanes. And don't yield to traffic in the roundabout. And generally drive like nut-cases.

I guess I had no problems because I am a genuine nutcase. But it was kinda fun and scary to watch people driving stupidly because they weren't familiar with roundabout etiquette.

Ah well. Progress is going well on dealing with my fatigue and depression. More about that later. I think the remainder of the blogs today will be comics related.

0 comments: