Thursday, March 18, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 17 March 2004 - Part II

Thor #76: Ok, I just noticed that this issue proclaims itself as part two of a multi-part story, even though it's definitely the continuation of a much longer tale. Anyway, I still think Jurgens is moving way too slow on this, being entirely too deliberate on his journey toward whatever final end he's going for, but the cliffhanger of this issue was a relief to see. It's about time! 3 1/2 starfish

Superman: Secret Identity #3: He's smart, skilled, and I kept waiting for something horrible to happen to him or his family. I think we've gotten to the point of expecting nasty things to happen, so there was a horrible tension while reading this that I didn't expect to feel. I really like this guy a lot, the character has really grown on me, so I don't want him to suffer. The suspense of waiting for the last issue is going to hurt. I can tell. 4 starfish

Smallville #7: The "internet adventure" is a little bit of a lame tie-in, since it only directed me to an article on the Smallville Ledger that I'd already read. It doesn't further the story all that much, in my opinion. So I'm not sure where this whole Chloe Chronicles thing is going. The story, however, was interesting, and the back-up tale wasn't too bad. So this is about average for this book. 3 1/2 starfish

Still to review: Abadazad, Amazing Spider-Man, Batman Adventures, and The New Frontier.

0 comments: