Friday, August 06, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 4 August 2004 - Part II

DC Comics Presents: Superman #1: Very very strange first story. The second story was more forgetable, with an annoying little PSA. In the DCU, steroids are even worse for you than in this universe. Unless you want to be a raving super-villain. And I'm not sure how the device Supes built solved the problem, either. The psuedo-science dropped me. The first story was cute and odd. This bunch of tribute books continues to fail to impress me. 3 1/2 starfish

Justice League Adventures #34: Final issue of this series, which will soon be renamed and restarted. Not the best way to go out: an issue focusing on only three members of the league. It was nothing special, but I'm looking forward to seeing the new Unlimited title just for the chance to see more characters done in the animated style. 3 1/2 starfish

Swamp Thing #6: Ah, the wonderful, wonderful status quo. This book establishes a new status quo that owes heavily to the original. In fact, unless I'm much mistaken, this issue (spoilers)(end spoilers). I could be wrong, of course, but I'm glad I read the first six issues. I'll be reading Will Pfeifer's issues, but maybe not the writer after him. We'll have to see. 3 1/2 starfish

Still to review: Star Trek Key Collection, The Ballad of Sleeping Beauty, and Daisy Kutter.