Friday, October 08, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 6 October 2004 - Part I

Smallville [4-03]: Facade: Back to "freak of the week" type stories? I sure hope not. This one was pretty weak. Watchable, but not spectacular. Very mildly recommended. 3 1/2 starfish

Tomb of Dracula #1: I didn't know what to expect, so getting a whole lotta Blade was a surprise. I liked the composition of this one, it built up nicely to the end. Not really my thing, but not too bad. 3 1/2 starfish

Even More Fund Comics: A bargain at twice the price. A solid anthology that will have something for just about anyone. There were more stories that weren't self-contained - that said they were continued in another book - for my tastes, but for the most part it didn't detract too much. At only $10, and going for a good cause, it's something every comic book fan should have in her collection. 4 starfish

Still to review: Demo, Jax Epoch and the Quicken Forbidden Vol 2, Justice League Unlimited, Swamp Thing, The Ballad of Sleeping Beauty, Phantom, Conan and the Daughters of Midora, and Marvel Age Fantastic Four.

0 comments: