Thursday, July 15, 2010

Where I'll Be During San Diego!

Hubby-Eric noticed all the people posting their booth numbers with a map of where they'll be during the San Diego Comic Con, so I decided to do the same. If you want to see me, you'll have to go here:

2010 Map

As you can see, I'm not anywhere near the main hall...

Actually, I'll be at the Winkie Convention in Asilomar. That's a conference center on the Monterey peninsula. My husband, who is a bit of an Oz fan, has been attending the Winkie Conventions for many years (since 1980) and even chaired the event one year. Since we've been married I've attended a number of them with him, although in tight years the priority has always been to make sure he makes it, as his streak has been going for so long. But I like going as well because I enjoy both the atmosphere at Asilomar and the wonderful group of Oz fans that attend. Each year is like a family reunion, except with new people also showing up that you've never met but are still friends.

So I'm happy for everyone that's going to the Comic Con. And if you happen to run across an extra Brightest Day tote bag with Aquaman front and center and want to make me very happy... well, I'll give you my address...


Seriously. If you run across any free Aquaman or Wizard of Oz promo materials and think of us, I'll pay shipping for 'em.

2 comments:

David Oakes said...

If I get a Brightest Day bag, it's yours. I promise.

Of course, if I do, it means I will have to pry a Big Bang Theory out of someone's cold, dead hands. And then I am sure the police will want to talk to you...

Tegan said...

Well, as much as I'd like a Brightest Day bag, I hope you get the Big Bang Theory bag so no one will have to die.