Thursday, July 13, 2017

Getting Back to "Normal"

I've moved my computer set up into the room I originally claimed when we first moved into this house. I put up my computer desk, but didn't spend much time in here, and eventually it became the room where we tossed stuff we needed to get out of the way. Over the last few days I've cleared out a place and moved in a chair and some tables so I can use the room as it was meant to be used again. Today I put up a couple of my Aquaman posters.

Unfortunately, the computer desk itself is still covered in piles of "stuff" - as is every other horizontal surface. I've set myself a very low threshold goal of getting one single item off a desk or table and to "where it belongs" each day. I know if I try to do too much, I overload, so hopefully this will be enough to get me started. Hopefully I'll do more than one item, but I don't want to push it.

Inkwell has been banned from this room pretty much his entire life, and has spent a great deal of time exploring it. I had tossed a couple of pillows on the floor and noticed he made a nest out of them for a few hours today. He also has been attempting to safely get into the window, but because there was too much junk in front of it, he gave up. I'm working on cleaning a path for him.

I've got to get back to regular writing again, and I have started up my 750 Words account to try to get the daily minimum in. I also want to catch up on my comic book and Fortean Times reviews, but that will take a great deal of time, especially since I also want to read more of the kind of stories I like, which I did a lot of thanks to the Hugo voting, but I'd like to get some of the reading done in the year the works are actually published. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. At the moment, I'm using Rocket Stack Rank to get some suggestions.

Being out of town for more than a week, I barely played DC Universe Online, and I found I barely missed it. I believe it got me through the worst of my depression, so I don't regret it, but I'm definitely cutting back on it now.

I logged into the Worldcon 75 Hugo ballot again today - and again made a number of changes. I have no idea how the final voting will go, but I'm really excited about the results and I'm hoping the ceremony is lovely this year. I would love to go to San Jose for next year's Worldcon, but that would require both Eric and I getting better employment. We'll just have to wait and see.

Tomorrow, if I have the energy between job search efforts, I shall attempt to review some short story or something. I would love feedback on my reviews - are they useful at all? Too short? Too spoilery? Do you prefer reviews with analysis and comparisons, or do you like my capsule stuff?

Ok, that's enough for tonight. See you all online tomorrow.

0 comments: