Saturday, January 10, 2004

Sketchbook - Randy Emberlin

This is another one of those very early sketches. One from the first con when I went nuts getting sketches. It is very hard to remember exactly what happened that day, but I do remember that Emberlin was extremely kind and jumped at the chance to add to the sketchbook. His interpretation is just wonderful, and so obvious that most people wouldn't have thought of it. Or would have been embarrassed to draw for such an obvious fangirl. Having it early in my sketchbook opened up a lot of artists to do more goofy Aquaman drawings than they might have otherwise - a good thing, in my opinion.


AQUAMAN
by Randy Emberlin
19 September 1999
(permission to post given 16 November 2003 in person)

Randy has a sort of website, located here, but since it doesn't seem to work for me, I wouldn't rely on it for information about him. He seems to be best known as an inker on Spider-Man, but he shows up at almost every Seattle ComCard show with a beautiful display of works that is wide in scope and fascintating to just look at. He's a great person to talk with, and very popular for sketches. I do believe my little sister got a Spider-Man sketch from him at the last con, when I got permission to post this Aquaman sketch.

To see all the sketches I have permission to post so far, check out my Sketchbook Page. If you have any contact information for any of the other artists I'm trying to contact, please e-mail me. Click for a random Aquaman sketch.

0 comments: