Saturday, January 10, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 7 January 2004 - Part I

Smallville #6: Good interview with Bo Du--- er, John Schneider about what it's like to play a father on screen to Tom Welling's super boy. Good stuff in it, but it's too short. I could've read another twenty pages devoted to Schneider. The comic story "Id" is about Lex's time on the island, and it fits into the show very nicely. Add in a subplot about Clark finally deciding what to tell Lana, and you've got a nice little tale. The last story is a light-hearted slap on Pete, and it's fun if a little implausible. Not a bad little package. 3 1/2 starfish

Superman: Birthright #6: While there are interesting ideas being brought up, the art is a major turn-off for me, and the story just doesn't pull together. 3 starfish

Plastic Man #2: I think it's safe to say that I hated the first issue. This one is a lot better. It's still a long way from something that I would consistently enjoy, but something clicks in this issue. I think it's the fact that there's a "straight man" character for Plas to play against, who works far better than the regular cast. A vast improvement. 3 starfish

Still to review: Thieves & Kings, JSA, Common Grounds, and Supreme Power.

0 comments: