Tuesday, March 16, 2004

My Oh My!

The Mariners commercials are out! The Mariners commercials are out!

There are seven new ads for 2004, featuring a bunch of the players. I really wish the Mariners would put out a nice DVD of all their commercials over the years. As it is, you can only see this year's and last year's on the website. There are a lot of really funny ones from previous years that I would love to see again.

Anyway, this year's batch has some good ones. I particularly like "Translation" in which Shigetoshi Hasegawa translates Ryan Franklin's Oklahoma lingo for some confused reporters. For the record, it took me five listens before I understood what Ryan said for the last comment, but once I understood what he was saying, I understood what he meant immediately.

Other ads include Ichiro delivering an answer to fan mail, Raul Ibanez getting the wrong signal thanks to a latte, Mojo the puppy running rampant, Bret Boone adding to his reputation for ego, the Moose's poker face, and my second favorite: Edgar working on another project related to lights... this time with the help of The Clapper.

I'm not sure I like the Mariner's new catchphrase: "Mariners Baseball. Get all of it." But then, I didn't much like Sodo Mojo or Viva La Mojo, but that didn't detract too much from the season itself.

Ah... baseball is definitely on its way. Soon it will be impossible to escape it... if you are the kind of person who actually would want to escape it.

0 comments: