Wednesday, March 09, 2005

I'm Willing To Try Manga

But I haven't got a clue where to start.

Manga I have read:

  • Cardcaptor Sakura - Liked it, but the art was a bit crowded and frenetic for my tastes.
  • Banana Fish - Not horrible, but not to my tastes.
  • Star Wars Manga - Cute adaptations.
  • Iron Wok Jan - Fun and interesting, would like to read more.
  • Lone Wolf and Cub/Samurai Executioner - Loved it.
  • Vagabond - Loved it, want to read the whole series.
So here's the deal. You recommend some Manga to me, stuff that you think, based on my past reviews and such, that I would like. But there's a catch. I have to be able to get it from the local library. Feel free to recommend without checking, but if you do a search and find it, then I'll definitely check it out.

The King County Library System has a decent selection of Manga, from what little I could see. Certainly not comprehensive, but enough to give me a taste. So if you want to expand my horizons a bit, please feel free to recommend some Manga in the comments for me.

A note: Just searching for keyword "Manga" brought up 527 titles. Searching on "Graphic Novels" brought up 1749 titles. And some things aren't filed properly in a library system this big. So there are a few items to choose from.

0 comments: